Five Small Towns, One Amazing Community
Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City, Shafer and Taylors Falls, are a chain of five small towns, linked together to make up the community of Chisago Lakes. Nestled along Highway 8, these small towns work together as one community, yet are uniquely their own.
Small town lifestyle, numerous recreational amenities, and remarkable people make Chisago Lakes a great place to live, work and play.
As a finalist in the America’s Best Communities contest, Chisago Lakes is a community that works together. With a shared vision, dedicated leaders, and well thought out plans, the community continues to prosper.
Focusing on economic opportunity, community collaboration and a rich quality of life, six key initiatives are in progress:
- Energy self-sufficient by 2025 through a combination of energy conservation and renewable energy production.
- Create, attract and retain a world-class workforce that meets the needs of growing companies and ensures our workforce has more local employment and education opportunities.
- Ensure Chisago Lakes has the broadband infrastructure and services necessary to ensure community connections and help our businesses and residents make smart use of technology.
- Support area businesses and organizations to attract visitors and businesses from the region and around the world through a coordinated brand strategy.
- Complete trail connections, and launch the Chisago Lakes Water Trail as a magnet for tourism, recreation, economic development and infrastructure for healthy lifestyles.
- Implement initiatives that support a healthy, happy community where all people can thrive physically and socially.
Visit The Chisago Lakes School District
Click here for Chisago Lakes Community Connections